If you’re a CrossFit athlete, or a coach of an athlete interested in competing in CrossFit competitions, this course is for you!
The CrossFit Competitor’s Course is organized and run by CrossFit HQ, and designed to give individuals the mental and physical skills needed to compete at the top level.
According to the course’s home page, the seminar is designed to give each individual the following skills:
• Identification of strengths and weaknesses for individuals or teams relative to overall fitness.
• Understanding of how best to program for strengths and weaknesses in preparation for a competition.
• Understanding of how to prepare physically and mentally for competition and workouts.
• Understanding how to apply nutrition to specific goals of competitors.
• Identification of efficient movement techniques for each CrossFit modality.
• Utilization of a template for strategy, warm-up, execution, and recovery of each workout – whether in training or competition.
The course was held for the first time in San Diego in September this year and sold out in no time.
Now, after the success of the first course, HQ has decided to run another one in early 2013!
The course will be held on February 2-3, 2013, at NorCal CrossFit in San Jose, California. Registration is now open, and will cost you around US$1000.
However, not everyone can take part. There are a few prerequisites each athlete must have. They are:
• Completion of the Level 1 Trainer Course (Trainer Certificate or Certificate of Attendance).
• Personal interest in competing, or coaching athletes, in CrossFit competitions.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform the movements foundational to the CrossFit program; i.e., the 9 foundational movements, basic gymnastics (including all variations of pull-ups), muscle-ups, toes-to-bars, all variations of the Olympic lifts, the slow lifts, rowing, and running.
The course will be taught by top-level CrossFit Games athletes and coaches, and will focus on all aspects of competing, from programming, to nutrition, mental preparation, movement technique, and workout analysis.
And just to make it that little bit more formal, each participant will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.