A compression shirt is part of athletic wear that provides support to your upper body. Most people use it while working out, while some people wear it to prevent injuries at work, especially if their job is physically demanding.
This accessory is characterized by its form-fitting nature. Compression shirts are typically made out of spandex, which is a lightweight, synthetic fiber that gives the apparel its stretchable characteristic.
Here are the benefits of wearing a compression shirt:
1. Regulates Blood Circulation
One of the top advantages of wearing a compression shirt while going through your exercise routine or work duties is that it helps regulate blood circulation on the upper part of your body. This type of garment gives the right amount of pressure on your torso and arms to ensure that you won’t feel lightheaded during an intense workout.
Exercise has been known to boost your cardiovascular health. It strengthens your heart and arteries, which are crucial in sending oxygenated blood to and from other organs in your body. A compression shirt is particularly beneficial for people who just started CrossFit and other intensive workouts since it can regulate blood flow.
2. Keeps You Warm During The Cold Months
Another benefit of wearing a compression shirt is that it keeps you warm. You get to continue your exercise routine even during wintertime without worrying so much about the freezing temperature.
A lot of people choose to forgo doing some physical activity during the colder months. Some find it a challenge to move when the temperatures drop, while others prefer cozying up in bed and sleeping in a little longer in the mornings.
However, these are the advantages of exercising even when it’s cold:
- Get Some Sunshine – It may be difficult to see the sun during winter, which is why you should be purposeful about getting some sunshine and schedule a workout outdoors. Sunlight, especially during the early hours of the morning, contains vitamins that can help you develop strong bones and boost your immune system.
- Heat Up Naturally – Turn off your heater for a while and warm your body up naturally with some exercise. It may require extra effort at first, but you’ll get the hang of exercising during the cold months eventually.
- Be Consistent With Exercise – For those serious about improving their health, exercising regularly is crucial for success. Regardless of the temperature, you should push yourself to move. A compression shirt can help you brave through the cold anyway.
- Keep SAD Away – Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is something that occurs during wintertime when everything looks gloomy because of the lack of sunshine. Boost your mental health and release some happy hormones, like endorphins and dopamine, naturally through working out to help you beat this seasonal depression.
3. Helps Prevent Injuries
This type of garment keeps sweat away from the body to prevent injuries. For people doing CrossFit, choosing the right gear can protect them from blisters, rashes, and chafing.
Moreover, because compression shirts promote blood circulation on your upper body, it boosts the oxygenation of your muscles, which helps in reducing the risk of injuries and accidents.
Aside from investing in the proper exercise accessory, one way to prevent injuries while working out is to get a coach. Achieving the right form during exercise can be challenging since you can’t always make sure that you hit the right muscles for the workout.
Having improper posture can lead to injuries. A trainer can help you perform the routine correctly and avoid hurting yourself.
4. Reduces Muscle Fatigue And Strain
A compression shirt can also help reduce muscle fatigue and strain. Having your body go through strenuous physical activities can lead to muscle soreness, which can be alleviated by the gentle pressure that this garment exerts onto your upper body.
5. Enhances Performance
Lastly, knowing that you’re wearing the right exercise gear not only boosts your physical stamina, but it also enhances your confidence. When you’re assured that you won’t get injured, you can pour your heart out into your routine and ensure a productive gym session.
A compression shirt is a valuable exercise accessory. It helps regulate your blood circulation during a workout, and keeps you warm so that you can continue your training even during the cold months.
This garment also prevents blisters, chafing, and rashes. Meanwhile, the gentle pressure that it exerts onto your upper body can help reduce the development of muscle fatigue and strain after a particularly intensive workout,
Moreover, when you know that you have the right gear, you can be confident that you can expend maximum effort without fearing injuries and accidents. With this, you can see a boost in your performance for each gym session.