Are you worried about your personal and banking information when entering an online casino? You can use some indicators to know whether an online casino site is safe or not. Keep reading to find out how.
In Canada, online casinos are legal as long as they are registered and licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC). You can play with real money and win cash too. But, if you’re still hesitant and want to practice more, you can try some free online slots and other free online casino games. Once you’re familiar with their instructions and how to play them, you can try to win bigger prizes at game tournaments.
Daniel Bennet, an online casino expert, compiled some tips for players to choose a safe casino online. Here’s what to do if you’re wondering if an online casino is safe.
1. Check the License
A license is given to an online casino to permit them to operate locally and internationally. Checking the license of an online casino is essential to know if the operator is reliable and trustworthy.
If they have a permit, you’ll know that they have a concrete business plan for the site and want to establish a good name in the industry. The licensing authorities in Canada are:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake
The casino sites with these licenses are permitted to operate in the country.
For international licenses, you can check the following permits:
- Malta Gaming Authority License
- UKGC License
- Antigua and Barbuda Gambling License
- Curacao Gambling License
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority License
2. See the Games
Check out the games and their developers. Having a reputable developer ensures that the games are made to be safe for players. Some well-known game developers are:
- ELK Studios
- Evolution Gaming
Players also need to ensure there are many available casino games before signing up. These can include video slots, roulette, baccarat, and other games, as well as live dealer games. It shows that the operator takes care of its players by providing options for its users. However, it’s better if an operator has a smaller selection of games from reputable developers than many low-quality ones.
3. Look at the Available Payment Methods
When you play in an online casino, you need to deposit money to play and win real money. Many players are worried about depositing their money and providing their banking information to an unknown site.
So, before you register and deposit in an online casino, make sure that you do the following:
- Look for HTTPS at the beginning of the URL, the closed lock, or the unbroken key in the browser. It indicates that your data will be secure and encrypted when submitted on that website.
- Read the complete privacy statement of the online casino site to ensure that you’re comfortable and accept the casino site’s privacy policies and practices before you make any payment transaction.
- Choose a credit card over a debit card for your deposits. A credit card has more protection from fraud than a debit card, and it can use verification steps like one-time PINs. If you see that a site only accepts debit cards, it can be shady. They could get a hold of your debit card information and wipe out your bank account.
- You can also choose cryptocurrency if it’s available in the payment option. Crypto offers safe transactions because blockchain technology backs it up; it is nearly impossible to hack, as long as you don’t give anyone your passwords.
- Take a close look at your credit card statements for discrepancies. If you spot anything suspicious, call your credit card company immediately.
4. Go Over Online Reviews
Check websites that provide reviews of online casinos. These sites allow players to share their experiences with an online casino operator. You’ll also know the minimum and maximum bets or the bonus offer of a casino website.
Read through the review to see if there are complaints about fraudulent activities and instances of hacking to ensure that your payment transactions will be secure.
5. Try Using the Customer Support
Customer support is the service provided by an online casino to answer inquiries and resolve problems encountered by players on the site. Use the site’s customer support before you play. This will help you determine if the operators are reachable and if they know how to handle complaints and queries properly.
Players need to be careful with online casinos that don’t have a safe way to protect their information and banking details. Make sure to check the sites you’re about to play on so you don’t become a victim of fraud.