There are plenty of CrossFit competitions being held every month across the globe, but here’s one with a bit of a difference.
WODsomniac is a 24 hour long CrossFit event, where teams will be put through 8 gruelling WODs from 6PM one night, to 6PM the next!
The event will be held at Copper Mountain CrossFit in Salt Lake City, Utah from January 25 to January 26, 2013, with athletes ‘camping’ out over the 24 hour period.
Planning and strategising is essential for all teams taking part. When do you plan on sleeping? And when do you plan to eat?
The workouts are yet to be finalized, but here’s a breakdown of when each WOD will be held:
- 4-6pm: Registration Open at CMC
- 6-8pm: WOD #1 – ALL TEAM #1
- 8:30-11:00pm WOD #2 – GUYS #1
- 11:15-1:45am WOD #3 – GIRLS #1
- 2:00-3:30am WOD #4 – GUYS #2
- 3:45-5:15am WOD #5 – GIRLS #2
- 7:00-9:00am BREAKFAST AT THE BREAK
- 9:30-11:30am WOD #6 – MIXED #1(1 guy, 1 girl)
- 12:00-2:00pm WOD #7 – MIXED #2
- 2:30-4:30pm WOD #8 – ALL TEAM #2
- 5:00-5:30pm WOD FINAL
- 5:30-6:00 CLOSING CEREMONIES
A maximum of 20 teams (2 guys, 2 girls) will be able to compete in the event, and at this stage there are still a number of spots available.
If you’re keen on registering for WODsomniac, the total team cost is $200, however, you will receive a 20% discount if you sign up before the end of the year.
You can find out more info on the event by checking out the WODsomniac Facebook page.