Smoothies are delicious. Throw together a fun mix of fruits and vegetables in your blender and get a tasty treat! And do you know what else? Smoothies are awesome for getting rid of the toxins in your body. Not only they are beneficial but also tasty and have a rich flavor.
Here are the benefits of a smoothie cleanse.
Smoothies Are Fantastic For Your Physical Health
Getting the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet can be tricky. Eating kale at every meal is just not as appealing as eating cake. It is very easy to deprive your body of necessary nutrients that nourish your body, resulting in deficiencies and overall poor health. This won’t happen on a smoothie cleanse because you’re guzzling down all sorts of essential nutrients. Every chosen ingredient has a benefit for your physical health.
For example, here’s what all these foods that go in a smoothie will do for your body:
- Leafy greens like kale and spinach have vitamin K1, a high intake of which research has shown to prevent bone structures and decrease bone mineral density. Also, green leafy vegetables lower the risk of Type-2 diabetes as well as delay age-related cognitive decline.
- Avocado contains a natural plant sterol so that the effect of regular consumption is healthy cholesterol levels.
- Brazil nuts are particularly high in selenium, in fact containing more than any other nut. Selenium is a mineral that has an antioxidant function that is essential for your thyroid while boosting your immune system.
- Apples have been linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure.
- Diary or diary alternatives are high in calcium. Calcium is necessary for healthy teeth and bones. It also promotes hair growth.
Smoothies Will Help You Shed Those Stubborn Extra Pounds
One of the main reasons why people take up smoothie cleanses is to lose weight as quickly as possible. As a smoothie cleanse is a type of restrictive eating technique it is not uncommon for people to substitute solid meals for smoothies. When done properly, you can lose up to 10 pounds in less than a full week.
A smoothie will fight off cravings, aid your digestion, and enzymes in fruit help melt fat. However, there is a right way and a wrong way to make a smoothie. While all smoothies are great, for weight loss, there is a recommended method.
- Pay attention to sugar: If you’re trying to lose weight on a smoothie, cleanse lots of fruit in your smoothie is not the way to go. Even though the sugar in fruit is natural, consuming large amounts all at once will result in fat storage. Using more greens in your smoothie is the answer.
- Consciously add more protein: Smoothie recipes tend to be low on protein. If you’re going to be drinking only smoothies for the cleanse, this may cause a protein deficiency. You don’t want this. Protein ensures that you lose weight in the right place, ie. your fat reserves. A protein deficiency will cause you to lose muscle and not actual weight. You can remedy this by adding protein powder or Greek yogurt to your smoothies.
- Don’t be afraid of fat: Fat will satiate you. Healthy fats digest slower the carbs. The longer this goes on, the less likely you are to snack. Adding a tablespoon of healthy fats such as flaxseed, coconut oil, or almond butter will make your smoothies more effective at helping you burn fat.
- A major disadvantage of smoothies being in liquid form is that you don’t get as much fiber. Frequent bowel movement is important for weight loss. Also, fiber leaves with a feeling of being full which will curb cravings that are a threat to the diet. Sprinkling oats, chia seeds, or wheat should do the trick.
Smoothies Will Make Your Skin Glow
Who doesn’t desire glowing skin? The answer is no one. A smoothie cleanse will give you healthy, youthful skin. Again, it all comes down to the ingredients that make up your smoothies.
Drinking large amounts of smoothies that are high in vitamins and minerals such as carotenoids, vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acid and manganese will have the effect of giving you enviable skin.
Here are some foods to add to your smoothies on the cleanse to make you glow:
- Flaxseeds are the richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. The omega-3 fatty acid is anti-inflammatory, so it will combat skin irritation, rashes, acne, and dermatitis.
- Raspberries are full of antioxidants that will slow down your skin’s aging process, giving you youthful skin.
- Mangoes have carotenoids, which will give your skin a rosy glow by promoting cell growth and development.
- Avocados have been linked to UVA/UVB ray protection by studies.
- Dates are a source of vitamin A which fights the process that slows down the production of collagen.
Smoothies Will Help You Sleep Better
Not getting enough sleep is very bad for you. Poor sleeping habits will take their toll both physically and mentally. A good night’s rest guarantees alert brain function, a functioning immune system, and emotional well-being.
Did you know that your diet affects your sleep pattern? Especially what you choose to eat right before you sleep. Ditch the cake for a smoothie and sleep like a baby.
Here’s guidance on the smoothie ingredients that’ll induce sleep:
- Banana has a hormone known as melatonin which relaxes your body for a restful slumber.
- The nutrient called tryptophan in milk triggers hormones that relax the body.
- Honey aids the release of melatonin to get you to sleep.
- Eating oats before bed has been shown to induce drowsiness.
- Almonds are a great source of magnesium that uncoils your muscles.
There are a myriad of good reasons why a smoothie cleanses is a good idea. The benefits manifest physically, emotionally, and mentally. Weight loss, lovely skin, restful sleep, and a strong body all for a process that is half the time it takes to cook a solid meal.