Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. And repeat. Isn’t breathing the most basic foundation of our being? A person can do without water and food but breathing is truly the most quintessential part of being and that is what we are truly forgetting to do these days. Yoga is an ancient technique that has been around for centuries and has gained immense popularity in the past decades or so. It is truly an easy and cost-effective way to stay healthy, without investing too much time and money.
The modern fast-paced life has made people throw their health on the backburner, intentionally or unintentionally but this uber fast life has made it even more important that health be a priority for people. It is easy to neglect health and self-care especially amidst the daily hustle. In order to live a balanced lifestyle, where your professional responsibilities, familial commitments etc don’t eat into your individual health and relaxation, one needs to incorporate some form of physical activity that keeps the body moving. Now, the key here is not to start with a workout, feel pumped about it, do it for a couple of days and then let the energy and motivation fizzle out. That isn’t how it would work.
Consistency is the key. Most people start with something that looks great, demands high-intensity workout, making you look all sweaty and freshly out of the gym. But most people also aren’t able to sustain that. Therefore, you need something that is so convenient that you choose it every single day, so pocket-friendly that you don’t have to think twice before going for it, so relaxing that you don’t have to go through the hassle of taking out your car and going some place else, something that you can easily do from the comfort of your own four walls.
Well, yoga provides you with all the above mentioned benefits, so you don’t really have anything to complain about. Yoga is not just a way to stay fit and relaxed; it is a way of life. That is the reason more and more people are incorporating it into their routine. Here are some of the ways that yoga can contribute into helping you achieve the best version of yourself and aid in the holistic well-being and overall development.
- Improved flexibility: Yoga is a great way to remove muscle tension and make the body feel relaxed. Consistent yoga practice can lead to reduced tension in muscles and making the body loosen up. The lifestyle today has made people a lot more sedentary, especially those chained to their desks in a 9 to 5 job. People hardly move around and being glued to their swivel chairs has let inactivity seep in big time, resulting in the tightening of muscles.Devoting a few minutes to yoga every day can help make gradual changes in this situation.
- More yoga means more oxygen: Breath work makes not just the foundation of yoga but our life as well. If our life truly depends on something, it is breathing.It is one of the most important pillars that yoga stands on as well and yet we fail to understand the importance of relaxed prolonged breathing. Taking deep prolonged breaths, not just helps the mind and body relax, it also supplies the body with copious amount of oxygen, leading in an increased supply of oxygenated blood to all the organs and helping them function more efficiently. Increased level of oxygen also in turn helps in reducing the stress and anxiety level. Start with taking deep breaths through your nose, holding them in for a few seconds and releasing slowly through the mouth.
- Makeover by yoga:You must have heard about makeover by makeup, but yoga is no less than that. Yoga is a practice that can help in the holistic development of the body, be it physical, emotional or mental. It is a complete package in and of itself, that tackles not just the physical requirements of the body, but can transform you into a diva without any external accessories.
Yoga has been a part and parcel of many ancient cultures, and is known to have remarkable effects on improving the posture, which is truly very necessary for people today. Working constantly on the desks has led people to be hunched back and slouched, which doesn’t look appealing at all. A number of asanas can help tackle this issue, with minimal effort, providing you are consistent with them.
- Radiant Skin: Skincare has become a trend these days, with a plethora of serums, creams and moisturizers hitting the market every single day and they are selling too! The reason is simple. Everyone wants to flaunt that clear and glowing skin. You don’t really need to spend your buck on those exorbitantly priced serums and creams and lotions. A very pocket-friendly way to achieve that radiant, out-of-the-magazine skin is to make yoga a part of your daily routine. It will give you that inner glow that slathering no amount of moisturizer or serum will give. Read here to get to know more and begin your wellness journey restanddigest.com.au
- Better mental health: The lifestyle that most people are living today, it is becoming increasingly important to take care of the mental health. The constant stress, be it personal or professional or financial, has taken a toll on the mental well-being of most individuals. Well, if you can’t get out of the system, you need to find a way to survive it. Yoga undoubtedly paves the way for that. It is known to considerably reduce stress levels and helps in better management of it, thus positively impacting the mental health and well-being.
- Unwind and uplift your mood: Yoga and meditation may not give you the unwinding experience that maybe a vacation can offer, but it can surely help stabilize your mind and help unwind after a hectic work day. It calms the mind down, resulting in mood upliftment.
Yoga should be made non-negotiable in your lifestyle if you want to make health a priority. Health is not something that can be compromised on. It helps keep the mind and body stabilized and at peace.