In the past week, CrossFit HQ have been releasing a number of Behind the Scenes videos of the 2012 CrossFit Games.
So far, we have seen the first ‘surprise’ day at Camp Pendleton, as well as the first part of Day 2 at the Home Depot Center. Today we get to show you more what happens off the competition floor on the second half of Day 2.
The following video, filmed by CrossFit’s Sevan Matossian (Every Second Counts), covers the aftermath of the grueling Track Triplet workout as well as the lead up to the Medball/HSPU event.
Some of the highlights featured in the video, include:
- * The preparation that goes into every workout (just how hard taking equipment in and out of the stadium can be).
- * An interview with 2011 Games Runner-Up Josh Bridges, who couldn’t compete due to military commitments.
- * CrossFit fans getting super-excited about taking photos with top athletes.
- * The ‘team spirit’ shown by athletes off the track.
- * An interview with a 73 year old Master athlete Jacinto Bonilla (oldest competitor at the Games), who looks like he belongs in the Open age group.
The video also features some one on one interviews with Games Champion Rich Froning, Kyle Kasperbauer, Annie Sakamoto, Lucas Parker, Coach Greg Glassman and even The Rx Review’s own Michael McCoy makes an appearance (9:10 mark)!
Stay tuned for Behind the Scenes footage of the final two days of competition.
Here’s part 2 of the Behind the Scenes footage on Day 2: