With replays of the 2012 CrossFit Games airing in North America this week, CrossFit HQ has been releasing a series of ‘Behind the Scenes’ videos of the event.
Filmed by Sevan Matossian, the videos provide a detailed insight into what happens off the competition floor.
A few days ago we posted the Behind the Scenes video of Day 1 at Camp Pendeleton. Today we embed Day 2, Part 1!
Day 2 was the first time the Games reached the Home Depot Center for 2012, and saw competitors go through a grueling track triplet, as well as the GHD Ball Toss and the Broad Jump.
The footage gives us a close look at some of the memorable moments on Day 2, and provides more details on :
- * How the Broad Jump and the GHD Ball Toss were judged.
- * The process athletes go through with judges before competing.
- * Why the Broad Jump was moved indoors and held early in the morning to the surprise of the competitors.
- * The stresses Games Director Dave Castro goes through in the lead up each event.
- * The recovery and preparation athletes go through for each workout.
Stay tuned for the third installment in the series.
Here’s part 1 of the Behind the Scenes footage on Day 2: